Every home needs regular maintenance. But sometimes, it’s the small tasks that are the most neglected – changing out light fixtures, fixing a leaky faucet, installing a ceiling fan or replacing loose shingles.
- Make a list, room by room, of what needs to be done. Decide if you can do the job yourself (or need help) and estimate how long it will take. Prioritize projects and purchase any needed supplies.
- Tackle no more than two or three projects in one day and commit to completing them.
- When you’re finished, store extra supplies in marked bins in the garage so you can find them next time.
- Don’t be afraid to outsource if a job is beyond your ability or your patience. A handyman service can perform multiple tasks in the same day and save you money as well.
- For a list of handyman services in your area, visit homeservices.allentate.com.